Have you ever purchased a face cream, was happy with the results, but by the product’s end it seemed to stop working? This has happened to me on numerous occasions. At first I thought the product was defective, but when it happened several times consistently I thought instead I was developing a tolerance for the product hence rendering it useless to me.
But one day, the lid to my jar of face cream broke and I didn’t want the whole jar to sit open for a whole month while I used it up, so I scooped out the contents into individual screw top pill jars and saved the unused ones in the fridge. Imagine my surprise when I got to the last pill jar that month only to find the cream still as potent as the day I first opened the original jar! Bingo, I had figured out the secret! By separating the contents into smaller portions there was less air exposure to the overall amount hence the original potency was preserved.
The steps I took were simple:
- gather a few unused screw-top pill jars (6)
- clean and sanitize pill jars with warm soapy water then a bit of rubbing alcohol
- leave to air dry for a few minutes
- scoop contents from the main jar of face cream into the individual pill jars (NB: Best to use a freshly opened jar)
- seal all the pill jars, place 5 in the fridge and leave one out for immediate use
I have been amazed by how effective this simple process has been and with the contents proving to be effective to the very last drop I imagine I will save money by not having to purchase a new supply prematurely. I’m excited to hear your findings should you choose to try this little experiment. Good luck!
Contents written 12.28.14. Edited 2.15.2015 | Copyright 2015 Moylom Enterprises